Contact Oshawa's Car Insurance Experts
Contact us and we'll reach out as soon as possible
If you drive, it's Ontario law that you must have car insurance. But what coverage you get, from whom and how much you pay is entirely up to you and which company you buy from. The fact is, there are many insurance providers, each which small differences, pros and cons, and most importantly, different price tags.
What To Look For
When looking for car insurance, there are at least 6 things you should be sure to look for:
- Licensed. Insurance can only be sold by a licensed broker or insurance company.
- Rates. Policy options and differences make rates vary tremendously. A good insurance broker can help you get the best rates.
- Coverage. Policies range from basic to completely custom. Work with your broker to find the right level of coverage for your needs.
- Claims/Accident Forgivenes. If you do have an accident where you're at fault, check to see what the insurance company's practises are regarding raising your insurance premiums or forgiving the claim.
- Service. The last thing you want is a hassle from your insurance company if a claim is needed. Sometimes the cheapest option is not the best. A good car insurance broker will know which companies are pleasant or unpleasant to deal with.
- Comfort. Car insurance is complicated. Choose an insurance broker that will take the time to explain your policy and answer your questions. If over-the-phone is the only option and you feel rushed, maybe that's not the best choice for you.
Car Insurance Brokers
A reputable local car insurance broker in Oshawa can help you navigate the various options, ensure that you are getting the coverage you need at the best possible price. Unlike insurance companies, an insurance broker works to get you the best deal from the pool of many insurance companies. They work for you, connecting you to the ideal insurance policy. And since they are local, you can come right in and have a face-to-face chat so they can answer any questions you may have about your car insurance.
Another side-benefit of using an insurance broker is... they usually deal not only in car insurance. They usually handle home, life and all other types of insurance. Sometimes you can get a reduced rate by having all of your insurances bundled. Your Oshawa car insurance broker can get your details and work out the best set of options for you.
Talk With An Insurance Broker
When you're ready to talk to a car insurance broker, be sure to bring the following to keep the meeting as productive as possible.
- yourself 🙂
- your vehicle
- any current insurance you have
- any other drivers of the vehicle
- any ticket/accident history
Be honest and accurate so your insurance coverage will be both adequate and useful. Also, consider that if an accident happens, it is not only the car driver that is liable. Make sure you give only licensed and responsible people permission to driver your vehicle.
We've been serving the Oshawa area for 20+ years. It will be our pleasure to help you choose the best auto insurance for you and your family.
Please contact us using the form on the left or simply give us a call!